Practical Goals For Pastors Using The Greek New Testament -- By: Gordon H. Lovik
Practical Goals For Pastors Using The Greek New Testament
1. Use the Greek New Testament daily in devotions along with the American Standard Version or King James Version (at least as a help).
2. Translate three days a week a new portion of Scripture in connection with preaching or further Bible study, perhaps one day in preparation for a sermon and two days for book study (five verses per time).
3. Review a passage for a Sunday sermon each day in devotions during the previous week.
4. Keep a 4 x 6 card file of all important word studies with conclusions reached.
5. For each month spend one hour reviewing grammar, syntax, etc.
6. Sight reading of twenty-one verses per day will enable you to read the New Testament completely through in a year, or ten verses per day would enable you to do this in two years.
7. Work up a complete written translation in fifteen or twenty years.
8. Spend time each year on writing a commentary on some book of the Bible.
9. Share truths found with your family in family altar.
10. Memorize as much as possible the vocabulary of the Greek New Testament.
Click here to subscribe