Editorial -- By: Richard L. Mayhue
MSJ 6:2 (Fall 95) p. 119
TMS commenced its tenth year on August 31 as the Lord blessed us with the tenth consecutive year of growth—enrolling 230 students for the 1995–1996 school year. In May 1995, 43 men received their degrees which swells the ranks of alumni to 228 graduates.
We welcome Dr. Larry Pettegrew (and his wife, Linda) who joins our faculty as Professor of Theology. Larry has taught theology for many years at Central Baptist Seminary in Minneapolis, MN. Bob White (BTh, 1995; with his wife, Teri) has also joined our staff as Executive Assistant to the Dean.
The faculty has been busy writing of late. Their recent releases include:
- John MacArthur, MacArthur New Testament Commentary Series—1 Timothy and 2 Timothy. Moody Press
- John MacArthur, The Power of Suffering. Victor Books
- Dick Mayhue, What Would Jesus Say About Your Church? Christian Focus Publishers
- Bob Thomas added Revelation 8–22 to his previously published Revelation 1–7. Moody Press
- Released in May, Rediscovering Pastoral Ministry completes our faculty-written pastoral theology trilogy, which also includes Rediscovering Expository Preaching and Introduction to Biblical Counseling. These volumes have been published by Word and are available at your local Christian bookstore. You can also order them through the Grace Book Shack, 13248 Roscoe Blvd., Sun Valley, CA 91352, (818) 909–5555.
TMS students have also been very active this summer with involvement in mission trips to Germany, Poland, Ukraine, Russia, South Africa, Albania, England, India, Philippines, Mozambique, Colorado, Utah, and the Union Rescue Mission in Los Angeles. Additionally, President John MacArthur taught in England and Trevor Craigen lectured throughout Eastern Europe and the UK.
Dr. Stanley Toussaint, who for many years taught Bible Exposition at Dallas Theological Seminary, will be at TMS for our January 2-6, 1996
MSJ 6:2 (Fall 95) p. 120
Winterim, offering an exposition of Paul’s Epistle to the Galatians. This provides a great opportunity to pastors for continuing education, especially TMS alunni. Please pray about joining us for this enriching time.
Also, consider putting March 20-24, 1996 on your calendar as the date for Grace Community Church’s 1996 Shepherds’ Conference. We will be having an alumni lunch on Wednesday (20th) to be followed throughout the week with plenary sessions conducted by our President, John MacArthur. Also, TMS faculty and Grace Community Church staff will lead over sixty d...
Click here to subscribe